EASFAA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the educational and professional needs of financial aid administrators within the area encompassed by Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virgin Islands, and Washington, DC. EASFAA respects the privacy of its membership and adheres to the policies outlined below:
All members' addresses both postal and electronic are privileged information and are not sold to outside entities. This information is only available to the membership for Association business.
Since electronic communications are the primary vehicle for contacting the membership, individuals are urged to always maintain an accurate email address in the Association's database. Members may update their demographic information by accessing the Membership area of the EASFAA webpage.
EASFAA allows members to pay for their membership dues, training fees, and conference
registration fees through our on-line gateway to goEMerchant.com. Our membersí credit
card information is not retained on the EASFAA web site or EASFAA servers. All
transactions take place at goEMerchant. We will provide individually identifiable
to do so
by order of a duty-empowered governmental authority or it is necessary to process
transactions and provide our services.
EASFAA utilizes electronic balloting for Association elections. Privacy standards are in place to ensure the confidentiality of voters' choices.
From time to time, EASFAA surveys the membership for feedback regarding training
needs, conference preferences, and other Association activities and projects.
The identities of individual respondents is protected in order to guarantee confidentiality.
Expectations of Members
Although there are many public areas of the EASFAA website, there are sections dedicated exclusively to members. EASFAA members are expected to respect the privacy of limited access areas of the website by not sharing their user id or password with others.
Links to Other Internet Sites
EASFAA is not responsible for the privacy guidelines of internet sites which may be linked through the EASFAA webpage. Refer to the individual site's policy statement on privacy standards.
If you have questions regarding EASFAA or this privacy statement, contact the current EASFAA President for additional information.
February 6, 2004
- Information We Collect: EASFAA may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, phone number, mailing address and email address as part of your member profile. If you make a purchase (membership, event registration, or other purchase), and it involves a credit card transaction, that payment will take place through a third-party payment processor who would collect payment information. No specific credit card information is collected or retained on the EASFAA website. We do not send promotional emails, but you may receive service related emails regarding your account of information specific to the association. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt our of them by contacting the association support email address or updating your member profile.
- How We Use Your Information: EASFAA uses the collected information to operate and maintain the organization membership functionality. Your IP address is used only to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
- How We Share Your Information:
- Personally Identifiable Information: EASFAA will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. Information may be stored on servers co-located with hosting providers. Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publicly available, such as posting comments on a blog page or newsletter article, will be available to others. If you request to remove information that you have made public, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or the site, or in locations where other users may have copied or saved that information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: EASFAA may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages, number of clicks, etc.) with potential advertisers, to help them understand the usage patterns for the website.
- Storage and Processing: Information collected by EASFAA is stored and handled in the United States.
- How We Protect Your Information: EASFAA is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted on the website, or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter information, such as log in credentials, on our registration forms, the data is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. There is no guarantee of absolute security.